onsdag, maj 02, 2007

Q & A

Lollie recently participated in a Q & A blog thing. She invited a writer to ask her five questions. Then Lollie posted the Q & A with an invitation to her readers to invite five questions from her for them to answer on their sites. Here goes Lollie's questions to me:

1) Which has had a greater influence on your life: Paper or plastic?
Paper. True, a segment of the plastics industry has provided most of my post-college income, but I write obsessively. I could exist in other work situations, but I won't give up writing.

2) What celebrity hair could you envision on your head, and what is it that appeals to you about it?
I like the simple yet flexible styles seen on David Beckham's head. (I wouldn't mind having his face too.) I can't shoot for any celebrity hair that's too outrageous. My head won't cooperate with that...and I despise greasy hair (which is in stupid vogue these days). But if I followed Beckham I could sport the faux hawk you encouraged not long ago, Lol.

Of course, the celebrity hair style I tend to wear is something more like Edward Norton's. This is to say, "cleverly without style." (I think he may be aided by hair plugs.)

3) If you had to have a hand cut off, would you choose your useful right hand that you would miss terribly or your trainable left that would be less missed?
Wow. How did I get to Iran? Oh, well. Cut off the left, please. I know I might get a tv movie made about me if I had to learn how to write with my left hand, but I'd rather maintain functionality.

4) Where do you want to end your days?
I'm going to interpret this as a retirement question rather than an actual death situation question (in which case I might say, "Well-cared for in a hospital renowned for not killing patients either through malice or negligence" or possibly "standing cluelessly with a NYC map in the ever-expanding shadow of a rapidly descending grand piano"). I haven't seen enough places in this world to know where specifically, but I'd want it to be by a large body of water, I believe. (No bathtub drownings, thank you.) An ocean or a lake. Maybe even a major canal in a waterfront city, such as in Copenhagen. And I'd want to be either buried or have my ashes buried or scattered at the Madge Evergreen Cemetery in Washburn County, Wisconsin.

Then again, it would be fun to be snorted by Keith Richards.

5) What other normal girl name suits The Muse? Example: Could she get away with being named Susie?
Erin fits her quite well. And similar to Erin/Aaron, I think she could wear names that also have a homophonic male form. For example, Andie.

Though the name wouldn't be right on her, I think she could be Joanie, but only if I was Chachi.

Some women's names are so common in our generation though that they too could fit without question. Names like Amy or Jennifer. But I think there would be a vague sense that the identity was off. It might lead her to do silly, ostentatious things like insist on signing her name with branded initials.
-cK

NOTE:
So now it can be your turn. Just follow these simple rules.

1. Leave me a comment on this post saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com