mandag, maj 15, 2006

News Briefs

1. Fame

As I walked into the post office today, a man in what appeared to be a FedEx jump suit passed and called after me: "Hey, man! Hey, man!" I looked back. He said, "You look like John Lennon, dude." He nodded and smiled.

I've a haircut scheduled for the end of the week.

2. Toys and Bombs

Watched MUNICH and A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS, the former being about the massacre of the Israeli Olympic team (1972) and Israel's assassination campaign in its wake; the latter a kid's film, an Edward Gorey-esque black comedy about orphans and an evil count. MUNICH includes a toy maker character whose toys suspiciously resemble the Rube Goldberg-like inventions of SERIES' Violet character. Both films worth it. It's definitely recommended that one follow MUNICH with some escapism. The film is crushing.

3. A Letter to the People of Wisconsin

On Friday night, I sat in an hour backup along I-94 just north of Menomenie. One hour to travel 10, maybe 12 miles. How did you let that road fall into such disrepair? Dear Wisconsin: Someone BETTER be voted out of office. If we don't vote those dudes out for corruption and general incompetence, can we at least agree to vote them out over roads? Please?

4. Bjork, My Secret Girlfriend

Hoping to see DRAWING RESTRAINT 9 this week.
-cK
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com